Friday 24 January 2014

Journal (3)
Over the past few days I and my group, Jake and Sophie, have been focusing on completing a preliminary task in which a character had to be shown opening a door, crossing the room and sitting on a chair opposite another character, these characters would then have to exchange of few lines of dialogue. We decided to base our film on a job interview therefore Jake was the interviewee meaning he was the character who opened the door and crossed the room and I was the interviewer so the character who he had to sit opposite to.
Furthermore the footage had to include three specific camera shots, these being:
  • match on action
  • shot/ reverse shot
  • the 180 degree rule

We completed the film in short bursts, for example film me saying my lines then stop the videoing then film Jake saying his lines then again stop filming. As we chose to do it this way out next job is to edit the short clips together to make it more continuous.
During the first footage only Jake is seen whilst me and Sophie filmed. The reason why both of us were needed for this job was because Sophie was unsure as to what angle the film should be filmed from therefore as I was not needed to be seen in the footage I helped her with the positioning.

Lastly I believe that I took a very managerial role in my group, rather like a director, as I was telling them how to do certain things to make the filming as easy and suitable as possible.  

No comments:

Post a Comment