Friday 24 January 2014

Music idea for my opening sequence
When thinking about what sort of music would be suitable to play in the background, I came up with the idea that the music should start and end slower. This is because the action doesn’t really begin until the man sending the text leaves the isolated room in which the audience sees another character tied up also the sense of danger isn’t recognisable until this moment. Additionally at the end of the opening sequence the group of four, who received the text, are left in a state of shock, confusion and fear after watching a video of their leader being held hostage.
The effect the pace of the music would have on the audience is it creates tension as the build up is steady.
After much research into different types of music I came to the decision that I preferred this one the most out of a selection.

Great Expanse
http://www.freeplaymusic.com/search.aspx?q=action
I found this piece of music on Freeplay music.

After listening to this piece I have changed my idea on what I want the music to be like.
The piece begins in the same way as I initially wanted but towards the end of the track the pace and loudness seems to increase which I took a liking to as it would add consternation to the audience. Also at around 30 seconds the music becomes really upbeat and begins to sound like an action genre film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment