Sunday 16 March 2014

Journal (11)
Shooting day
On Thursday evening I and my group travelled to Timperley astro to re-shoot scene 3 therefore the characters needed were the driver of the car, Paul, Jack and Conor – see shooting schedule for details.

Even though this scene is Sophie’s scene, we all did our bit to help her out. For example, I did my best to help Sophie out when she wasn’t sure on an angle or shot type. For example, I came up with the ideas to get footage of the driver’s eyes in the rear view mirror, a side view of the wheels and a close up of the registration plate (back) which led to an establishing shot as the car drove away from us. I knew my input on shot types were good as my group seemed really enthusiastic in response to my suggestions.


Furthermore, we managed to shoot the other half of scene 4. This scene includes one of the boys getting the phone of the bag, pressing play, watching the video and finally getting the envelope out of the bag. On another shooting we filmed the video which is going to be seen on the phone, meaning on Thursday all we had to do is film the other bits, which was not a lot at all.

To be honest we didn’t really face any big obstacles that we had to overcome which was very lucky. However, one problem we faced was the actors couldn’t stop laughing when we were shooting the end of scene 3/ the start of scene 4 but in the end they managed to calm down and get the job done. Another small obstacle was that because we were filming in a public area there were many people walking their dogs or out on a run meaning we had to stop filming until the surroundings were clear.

Throughout the evening I believe we all worked extremely well as a group for many reasons. For example, we all listened to each other’s contributions.

The next step for me and my group is to look over the footage we got on this day and begin to edit all the clips together and make it look as continuous as we can. Also we have to film the third boy, Paul, receive the text in a pub or shop and the first scene at Sophie’s house. Finally, depending on time management we have decided that we may film the video of Jake again as the first shoot of it looks very stylised and unrealistic. We plan to split these tasks up over a 2 day period sometime this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment