Thursday 6 March 2014

Journal (7)
The re-shoot
As I have previously stated me and my group have decided to re-shoot the majority of our footage therefore we came to an agreement that we should spilt the shooting days up, for example complete all footage that is needed to be done at Sophie’s house on Monday 3rd March and complete all footage that is needed to be done at Timperley astro, the Hare and Hounds pub and a local shop on Friday 7th March as they are all in the same surroundings.

After speaking to the group about my idea of the costume of ‘Rick’ and how I thought that the clothing in the first shoot wasn’t appropriate, we came to the decision that instead of Sophie’s dad, my dad would be more suited for the role.

The day before this shoot I searched my house for props and makeup that would help in this shoot and also help my fellow group members. I managed to find duct tape which I thought could be used to tape Jake mouth and his hands and feet together, I brought the bag which was used in the last shoot and finally black eye liner which could be used for making Jake look bruised and a red felt tip which would look good for the blood/scratch effect. It is clear all these things came in handy when doing the makeup, as seen below.















When we watched our first shoot footage, as a group we made a list of every mistake we made in each scene, this was to ensure that these mistakes weren’t made again.

Another decision we made as a group was to do each and every clip a number of times and at different angles, this was to make certain that if one shot was wrong, for example if one of us accidently spoke, we would have another shot to use instead. Furthermore we decided to vary out shot types a lot more than what we did, for example we used a close up shot of Jake’s face and many zooms.

I believe that we worked a lot better as a group this time around than what we did. Sophie took the role of using the camera, I took the role of creating new ideas about angle shots/ shot types and ordering Jake and my dad (Brian) what to wear, Jess helped me with the shot types and also focused on makeup (which she got help from me and Sophie also) and lastly Jake played the role of ‘Jake’ (the person in the boot) in which I think he did extraordinarily well, which I’m sure my group will agree with. By working as a group we found that this shooting day was more productive.

On Thursday 6th March we planned to edit the footage that we have re-shot but due to a school trip Sophie and Jess aren’t going to be here therefore me and Jake have decided to begin editing the best we can and feedback what we have created to Sophie and Jess when they are back.


The next shooting day will be on Friday in which we hope to finish shooting fully. 

No comments:

Post a Comment